Thursday, March 5, 2015

Class Cloud Assignment

The class cloud assignment was a great way to witness how and why people react to various tweets. I feel that I learned a lot about what drives a person to create tweets. I will use myself for my first example. At some point in the class a comment was made regarding Jennifer Lawerence in which I responded to the person by saying “you got that right.” We proceeded to high-five each other and the class thought it was funny. Then he said I should put it on Twitter. Once it was on Twitter though, the tweet received very few likes. This showed me even though a group of people found something to be funny it doesn’t necessarily means the others are going to be able to understand what the context of the tweet is, which is probably why there were not more likes and retweets. Something I found interesting is how often does get the chance to be in the same location as someone who is tweeting about the same topic? Probably not too often, so it was cool to be able to watch an individual say something in the class then ten seconds later it be up on the Twitter feed. One of the best moments of the class was when the professor showed a video from YouTube of his daughter’s one year birthday party. By the time the video was over and he refreshed the Twitter page, the same video had already been linked out. As funny as his reaction was to seeing it on Twitter it definitely brought to light some disturbing facts. For example, the speed at which the video was linked out was less than a minute. That just shows how quickly a person can post an image or video. I think it is kind of scary to know that someone can post something that I am in and there is a chance I would not know about it. Chances are a person never expects to get a tweet back from a celebrity and or a big name company. I have never seen it occur until the class. One of the students tweeted to Jet Blue and the company tweeted back to her. I looked them up and they have over 1 million followers. For them to be able to take the time to send a tweet to a specific person tells me there are companies  that care greatly about what their customers have to say. As for myself I sent a tweet to Facebook asking why they chose to make the process of uploading videos go through a “middle man”. I did not receive a response. At the same time I wasn't expecting to get one. This assignment was great exercise. It definitely opened my eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment